The most attractive, influential consumers are becoming increasingly choosy, increasingly independent-minded. They’re eschewing the mall, throwing over chain stores, and giving labels the heave-ho. They want unique, personal, and under-the-radar.
They prefer local, but aren’t averse to shopping global. They want the work of the hand, but with sharp design and uncompromised quality.
Yes, they want value, but they’re redefining what value means.
What’s a company to do?
Find a way to become more authentic, meaningful, and intimate, and deliver those experiences to consumers.
And we don’t just mean staging pop-up markets, having a few “artisanal” products in your stores or venue, or redesigning those spaces to incorporate exposed brick and raw wood: that’s nice, but not particularly distinctive. And we certainly don’t mean copying (without license) the work of designer-makers and having them produced in low-cost manufacturing centers. (We know who you are.)
We work with you to determine how to take the independent modern artisanal ethos and adopt it in a way that best reinforces and gives dimension to your brand, your story, your business.
Specifically, we help you:
- Determine what the independent, modern artisanal attitude means for you
- Define how to best incorporate the work of artisans and independent producers
- Source great products and great makers
- Find artisans, craftspeople and designer-makers to collaborate with
- Create environments, experiences, events, platforms and sponsorships to connect with independent minded creatives
- Tell your story in a way that’s smart and authentic
For more information, please contact us at inquiries at handfulofsalt.com